Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Latest Post

Technology

Lebron James Named 2013 Male Athlete of the Year

Two-time NBA champion, two-time NBA finals MVP, four-time NBA league most valuable player and two-time Olympic gold medalist Lebron James was on Thursday announced as The Associated Press' 2013 Male Athlete of the Year.


James becomes just the third basketball player in history to win the award.

According to ESPN James received 31 of 96 votes cast in a poll of news organizations, beating American football player Peyton Manning (20) and American NASCAR race car driver Jimmie Johnson (7).

"I'm chasing something and it's bigger than me as a basketball player," James told the AP. "I believe my calling is much higher than being a basketball player. I can inspire people. Youth is huge to me. If I can get kids to look at me as a role model, as a leader, a superhero ... those things mean so much, and that's what I think I was built for. I was put here for this lovely game of basketball, but I don't think this is the biggest role that I'm going to have."

Lebron joins Michael Jordan and Larry Bird as NBA players to win the award.

Lebron James Named 2013 Male Athlete of the Year Reviewed by Msl on 17:51 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Niger Times Test Site © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.